The journey is the reward!




The Journey is the reward!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lost in the "Alligator"

Ever since we have been here M has been talking about Alligators quite frequently. I never really understood what he was talking about until C figured out he calls the Elevator the "Alligator". (C replies with good thing I speak alligator....Yeah good thing.)
Since we do use the elevator daily we have had to have some discussions on elevator safety. I was at the mall with a friend a few days ago. We were heading downstairs and took the elevator. We all got off, so I thought. I turn around to see the doors shutting and M still on the elevator. One can only imaging the thoughts running through my head and the fear I was experiencing. My friend thinks fast and runs up the stairs to meet him. When she comes back down she was empty handed no M. The elevator had gone down not up.... I was so thankful to my friend who kept cool and reassured me he would still be on the elevator when it came back up stairs. He was there along with a handful of people who were taking good care of him. He was very upset and he jumped into my arms and wrapped his little body around mine. I was so grateful to be holding him.
Maybe all of those talks about elevator safety paid off. Maybe not.... but I know M will stick by my side a little closer when getting on and off the "alligator".

No comments: