The journey is the reward!




The Journey is the reward!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

This weekend

I really do love the weekends. I think I mostly love Friday nights. Yes, I still have to make dinner but it has it's perks. Like....I don't feel guilty if I decide to let the kids watch a few hours of T.V. instead of taking them outside to play. I am not rushing around making dinner, getting homework done and trying to entertain M and R babe all at the same time. Then trying to get the kids to get there chores done so we can wake-up to a clean house the next day. It is all so exhausting. Friday nights it all goes out the window. There is no limits on TV or playtime. Who cares if the house looks as if we have been robbed. There is always Saturday. Highlights of the weekend: -We went to the movie Rio, even better we saw it in English. -Visited Embu, found some treasures and ate roasted cashews and caramelized coconut. yummy. -Loved spending time with little Harps while Steph and Mckay went to dinner. -Loved that she took a bottle. -Went to Stake Conference. It was all in Porkyguese (as M would call it) so we left during the rest hymn and watched some talks from General conference. -Loved having the Thomas' over for the day. I am not quite sure how we got so lucky to have met them, but we did, and WE LOVE THEM! Thanks for taking a chance and moving to Brazil. What would we do without you! -Had Eric over for dinner (someone visiting from Westech) and he brought us goodies from the U.S. via Ralph and Sharon. They are so good to us. -Last but not least we continue to countdown the visit of Grandma and Grandpa and Tiff. We can't wait to get our hands on them and see them. YEAH! C reminds me every hour it is only 2 more day! All in all a great weekend.

2 comments:

Adams family :) said...

WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!! I get a special mention in a blog post!!! I feel so lucky!! Just made the special treat that C asked about :) now I am packing!!!! See you guys soooon!

gantrieb said...

i love fridays too! no rules, no fighting, just fun. wish we were coming to visit :( we miss you guys so much!