The journey is the reward!




The Journey is the reward!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

So Thankful

I really do enjoy cooking and baking. When I first saw this kitchen I new I would have to make do. I also new it would be temporary. A month and a half or so ago J was doing dishes and the little contraption above the sink blew up and it has never been fixed. Therefore causing me to be without hot water. I can still get it from the bathroom shower, so I get a giant bowl and carry my water in. In a way I kind of feel like I am camping. My stove doesn't work properly, I have no microwave and no can opener. I use a swiss army knife and I am getting really good.. I know the can opener thing is something I can resolve easily but who thinks about buying a can opener until you actually need it.


So why I am so thankful for this kitchen.


#1 reason...Well it makes me thankful for my old kitchen that I didn't exactly love. Decked out with a properly working stove, an electric can opener and hot water right from the tap that you can actually drink. Last but not least a counter top and microwave. Ahh the memories and what I have to look forward to.


#2 Reasons... I have seen some other kitchens here that makes this one look like a gourmet kitchen. It makes me thankful that I have a home with a place to cook meals for my family.


Truly Thankful.

1 comment:

Gage said...

Seeing that made me miss Brazil.