The journey is the reward!




The Journey is the reward!

Monday, April 19, 2010

I did WHAT!

While living here the past almost three months I have done some pretty funny things. I guess if nothing else I did get a good laugh.

number one....I almost left the grocery store without paying my whole bill
number two...I drove down a one way street the wrong way
number three...I tried to get the keys from the guards and asked for them in German. He didn't understand
number four...I ask for the prices on things but if they cost over $R10 I have no idea what they are saying.
number five...I have given people the o.k. hand sign. Let's just say it doesn't mean o.k. here!
number six...I went into a mall where you have to pay for parking and I had no money to get out.
numberseven...Left Mikey in an elevator by himself

Yet I continue to survive....

10 things I liked about today:
1.M took a 3 hour nap and I was able to get a lot done..laundry..portugese homework..kitchen cleaned up
2.I took all the kids to the store and they were more of a help than a hinder.
3.I had my portugese lesson
4.Great weather
5. I heard of a new park close by I need to go and check out.
6. Watched part of Island Princess with M. I loved just being with him and he liked mom time.
7. Jos and I made cheesecake to take to her class tomorrow.
8. I talked to R on skype. I can't wait to have him back home
9 The kids were great to help clean up
10 We read the story of Samson and Delilah. The kids have just been eating up the Old Testament stories.

Overall a great day!

1 comment:

katik said...

I need to write more "things I liked about today" lists. Loved yours and am so glad you can laugh about the things that go wrong!