The journey is the reward!




The Journey is the reward!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stunt Man



C decided one day to show M how he can jump out of a swing. A short netting fence has been put around the perimeter of the swing area so no one will be hit by the person swinging. C was jumping at a fairly safe height and the fence was not infront of him. A few days later we went to another park within Portal (where we live). I was playing ball with R and M was swinging. Next thing I knew M was crying. I wasn't alarmed because M cries a lot. I looked over to make sure he was moving but was hopeing it would just work itself out. Then I took a double take because I thought something looked a little off. He was walking over to me with a spout of blood coming out of his head. I layed him on the ground had C take his shirt off and used it to apply pressure. After all I did have my brand new clothes on and didn't want them blood stained;). By this time we had quite the crowd around us. Thankfully a lady spoke english and a guard that was close by called an on-site EMT. He assured me that no stiches were needed. (really?) He cleaned him up and drove us home in a mini ambulance.

Come to find out M was trying C trick but landed on the metal pole that held up the safety fence. One side of his head had a cut and the other had a rope burn. We returned home and J and C did all they could to make M comfortable. Bowls of ice cream, bandages, his favorite blanket and movie were quickly gathered and he was as happy as could be. I was so thankful for the people around us who were there when I needed them. It seems whenever we are in a bind someone magically appears to help us out. We are definatley being watched over. J even commented how it was a miracle that it worked out the way it did.

1 comment:

gantrieb said...

lucky he wasn't hurt worse, maybe another little miracle.