The journey is the reward!




The Journey is the reward!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hey soul sister

Today C was looking at Dad's calculator.  It is one of those fancy calculators that only engineers know how to use.  That calculator came into his life before I even did.  He has had it a long time.  C knows all that and commented about how old it was and then said, "So this is how big calculators were in the olden days".


Since we moved to China we are trying some new things out to make life here a little easier.  One of those new things is having a Driver.  It is a little weird, but is so so nice not having to worry about how to drive in a new country.  C is a pretty shy little guy.  We have been spending a lot of time together  since he is currently being home schooled.  We were headed to the store and a familiar song come on the radio.  I told him if he belted out the rest of the song I would give him 20 Quay.  He asked how many dollars that was, I said three.  He said that is not enough so I bet him 50 Quay.   He said how much is that, I told him about $8 dollars.  Next thing I knew he was singing as loud as he could muster  "Hey soul sister" and finished out the song. Well in between the laughter.  I laughed so hard I thought I was going to cry.  All night long he kept mentioning how embarassing it was.  Even if it was, just me, him and the Driver.  What a funny little guy.

1 comment:

Adams family :) said...

bah hahaha I totally wish i had been in the car! We HAVE to go karaoke when I visit! It's on my bucket list :)