The journey is the reward!




The Journey is the reward!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Yu Yuan Gardens

 Our Adventure for the day was Yu Yuan Gardens.  We didn't go for the gardens but went to see the town and shops that surrounded them.  We love to look around at all the different architecture and fun nick nacks.  On our way there we saw this motorcycle.  If you look close you can see the cab on the side.  I don't think I have seen one of these since watching M*A*S*H. 

 
 Amongst the shops we saw a DQ and Starbucks Coffee.  Not something I would have expected to see.




 This little guy showing off his pearly whites to the dragon behind him.


 The chinese people are very resourceful.  
Why not use cabbage as decor and then eat it. 
Very Clever if I do say so myself

 After walking through the tourist trap.  
We got down to the nitty gritty and found what we were really looking for. 
What we later found out was called the Junknataria. (I don't think that name is quite right but that is the jist of it.)  This is where I purchased my first Granny Cart.  I know I know I am now the owner of those ever so handy carts. It really has been a great purchase.  No more breaking my back trying to hall the 9 liters of milk back to the taxi.  Along with the 5lbs of rice and what ever else I bought at the grocery store.  Poor C is usually with me at the grocery store and I have him carry his weight in food.  By the time we try and wrangle R babe and get to the taxi we have broken a sweat and need a nap.  
 This is the cute little girl whose mother I bought the granny cart from.  This is just a great example of how all the little kids are dressed around here.  We have been chewed out by multiple people at how R babe is not dressed properly.  I really don't blame them.  It is cold especially if you don't live in a home with heat. 
We had a fun day of seeing new sights, bargaining a bit, being chased down by people who want us to buy there stuff, making friends with the locals, going potty in the squatting toilets (that is a story for another day),  people taking pictures of our blondies, buying and trying Chinese sweets and last but not least chasing down the taxi's and then falling asleep on the way home after a long and fun day.

No comments: